Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You're motoring

So I've just been down and out of sorts all day, in a total funk. Shortly before it was time to pick the kids up from day care, I went outside and shoveled the snow and slush and put down a good coat of ice melt. Then I hopped in the car and slowly started driving with my mind churning.

The roads were horrible, they hadn't been treated or plowed and were getting packed down into ice. I saw an accident a little bit in front of me - 3 cars, people walking around them - so I slowed down even more... and the asswipe behind me in their big 4-wheel drive SUV gunned their engine and sped around me, in the oncoming traffic lane and right at the accident they could not see because of the snow and sleet coming down. Thankfully it turned out ok, they didn't hit anyone or anything, but it just made me burst into tears.

I turned on the radio to listen to the road reports and a song came on that brought back memories of my 17 year old self tangled up in a back seat with the first boy who really made me all tingly, and who *really* taught me how to kiss. The boy everyone couldn't believe I was going out with, because what would a guy like him want with an overweight geek from a low-rent family. And no, the answer wasn't sex, because we never did. But the kissing, necking, making out... oh my. Chapstick's value went up that glorious summer.

I started laughing through the tears, and things were a bit better.

Night Ranger: Sister Christian

(sorry for the ad at the beginning)

No comments:

Post a Comment