Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Weigh-in Wednesday #2

My first official week on the healthy eating/taking care of myself plan is over and... it's a zero. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Null. Nothing.

ZERO. 0.

Better than a gain, but ZERO. I wasn't expecting a "Biggest Loser" first week or anything, but geez... zero.

I know I could have eaten a bit better. And let's be honest, the wine could go... especially during the week. And I need to start exercising regularly.

This week's plan: no wine during the week (except for tonight, because... well, because I'm annoyed and tired and pissed off and stressed and I want a damn glass of chardonnay). And Saturday and Sunday are not free-for-alls. The 80-20 thing isn't working at this point. I need to be accountable and on track and conscious at all times at this point in the game. AFTER I hit my goal, then I can relax. Now, not so much.

So, onward and upward, which will hopefully lead to the weight going downward.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes you can only do so much, you know? So what's the 80-20 thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat well 80% of the time, relax 20%. And I should know that's more of a maintenance thing than a weight loss thing... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it would be easier to lose weight after I had my daughter who is now 21 months old. But it seems to be harder. I end up eating whatever is the fastest and usually not the healthiest. Also I depend on her naptime to exercise but she's been on a nap strike for the most part.

    I know you'll be able to get to your goal. I don't drink often but chocolate is my wine and I'm never giving that up. ;) If it makes you feel better, I gained two pounds this week. I never weigh myself but I've been to the doctor a few times in the past couple of weeks.

    I always tell myself I won't look at the scale when they weigh me and then I do. I could just say the extra 2 pounds is because I was wearing my shoes. *whispers* But I actually took them off. :D

    ReplyDelete